Events & Reunions
Hot Topics in Environmental Industry
EBC Young Environmental Professionals Committee, Tufts University, and Tufts Environmental Alumni
Location: Alumnae Lounge, Aidekman Arts Center, Tufts University, 40 Talbot Avenue, Medford, MA 02155 | See Map
When: Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm (iCal)
The EBC Young Environmental Professionals Committee has put together an evening program and networking event on the Tufts campus. Professionals of all stripes and students are welcome to attend!
The program will include a presentation from EBC Board Member Pat Sheehan, senior vice president with GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc., on current hot topics in the environmental industry:
- Emerging site contaminants and exposure pathways
- Climate change and flood vulnerability
- Managing our water resources
- Stormwater management
- Alternative energy and energy infrastructure
The program will include ample time for networking among the environmental industry professionals and graduate and undergraduate students.
- Danielle Sylvia, EG16, leadership team, EBC Young Environmental Professionals; environmental engineer, Golder Associates Inc. (Master of Science in environmental engineering, Tufts University)
Pat Sheehan, EG91, senior vice president, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (Master of Science in civil engineering, Tufts University)
Pat Sheehan has been with GZA for 22 years and is a principal of the firm. His areas of specialization are environmental engineering, site investigation, remediation system design and construction, construction management, and remedial feasibility assessment. Sheehan earned his Bachelor of Science in civil engineering from the University of Notre Dame and his Master of Science degree in civil engineering from Tufts University. Sheehan, a professional engineer licensed in MA, also serves on the Board of Directors of GZA.
- Professional Registration (any company affiliation): $25
- Student Registration (any school affiliation): $5
- Job Seeker (not a student, not working): $5
Questions? Contact Ann Gisinger, AG10, at AGisinger@ebcne.org.
|5–6 pm||Registration, networking, and refreshments|