Events & Reunions
Webinar: How to Make a Living and a Difference during the Second Half of Life
Tufts Career Services
When: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 8:00 pm (iCal)
Wondering what’s next in your life? Thinking about doing work you feel good about? Join us for a conversation with Marci Alboher, author of Encore Career Handbook: How to Make a Living and a Difference in the Second Half of Life. Alboher, a former New York Times careers columnist is a vice president of Encore.org, a nonprofit making it easier for millions of people to move into second (or third) acts for the greater good.
In this webinar you'll learn, among other things:
- How volunteering or pro bono consulting can lead to paid work;
- How to network effectively and harness the power of social media;
- How to find the most age-friendly jobs in nonprofits, government, education, healthcare and socially-minded businesses;
- How to combat age discrimination;
- The pros and cons of going back to school;
- How to financially plan for your transition
Questions? Contact Nicole Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Associate Director, Alumni Career Services.