2013 Alumni Election Results: Meet your new trustees and council members
May 08, 2013
The Tufts University Alumni Association proudly announces the results of the 2013 elections.
More than 4,000 of you voted, raising your voice to decide who will represent our alumni community on the Tufts University Board of Trustees, the Tufts University Alumni Council, and the Executive Committee of the Tufts University Alumni Association.
To all of our newly elected and reelected alumni, for your outstanding commitment and service to the university, we thank you.
Tufts University Board of Trustees
Elizabeth Cochary Gross, N82, NG88
Elizabeth Cochary Gross, N82, NG88, has been elected for a five-year term beginning in November 2013. Cochary Gross holds a master’s and doctorate from the Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy and is the first-ever graduate from the school of hold the position of Tufts trustee. She also held a number of administrative and teaching positions there. A 2010 recipient of the Tufts Alumni Distinguished Service Award, she has also held a number of administrative and teaching positions at the Friedman School, and served as vice chair of the $1.2 billion Beyond Boundaries campaign for Tufts.
A trustee of Mount Holyoke College, Cochary Gross is also a mother of two daughters currently in college. She says, “This experience makes me very aware of issues that are important to prospective and current students as well as their parents. Since universities are actively seeking to engage parents, I would hope to be a voice for them—exploring topics such as how to educate the next generation of leaders and how to best make a Tufts education affordable and competitive.”
Brian Kavoogian, A84, has been reelected as an alumni trustee by the Tufts Alumni Council for a second five-year term beginning in November 2013. Kavoogian serves on the Board of Trustee’s Administration and Finance and Investment Committees and is the chair of the Audit Committee. He also serves on the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service Board of Advisors.
Tufts Alumni Council (TAC) Members
The TAC is the governing body of the Tufts University Alumni Association. All of these new members were elected by the alumni bodies of their schools. In the case of the Arts, Sciences, and Engineering transitional members, these young alumni were elected by members of the Arts, Sciences, and Engineering class of 2013.
Schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering: members for a five-year term, 2013–2018
- Jennifer L. Bokoff, A08, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Susan (Swerdlick) Dickason, A04, Boston, Mass.
- Kristi Tough DeSapri, A02, Chicago, Ill.
- Jonathon Gais, A06, Somerville, Mass.
- Daiena Masciarelli, J98, London, England
- Katherine O'Meara-McKersie, J98, Cos Cob, Conn.
- Nancy E. Pinn, J88, Watertown, Mass.
Schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering: transitional members for a five-year term, 2013–2018
- Yulia Korovikov, A13, Milburn, N.J.
- Katherine McManus, A13, Westborough, Mass.
- Mark Rafferty, A13, Devon, Pa.
- Douglas Wulsin, A13, Cincinnati, Ohio
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
- Adria "Addie" Chamberlain, F08, Medford, Mass.
Tufts Alumni Council Executive Members
These alumni were elected by the TAC for the 2012–2013 Executive Committee.
- Brian McCarthy, A75, A07P, Los Angeles, Calif., President
- Kate Kaplan, AG95, Concord, Mass., President-Elect
- Kevin Boyle, A78, Sarasota, Fla., Vice President
- Keshia Pollack, A00, Baltimore, Md., Vice President
- Diana Lopez, J78, Brooklyn, N.Y., Vice President
- David Meyers, A96, Washington, D.C., Vice President
- John Barrett, E88, A14P, Reading, Mass., Director
- Mark Ferri, A84, F86, Saugus, Mass., Director
- Chris Goguen, A92, Lynnfield, Mass., Director
- Ken Fan E01, F07, Somerville, Mass., Director
- Doug Moll, A81, D85, DG91, Bedford, N.H., Director
- Regina Rockefeller, J73, A02P, Lexington, Mass., Director
- Vikki Garth, J81, London, England, Treasurer
- Barbara Clarke, J88, Boston, Mass., Immediate Past President